The Importance Of Imperfect
We live a world of perfect. Almost everything you see on social media is all about perfect. Pinterest is all about creating the perfect event or an outfit. Instagram and Facebook are filled with beautiful and perfect pictures, painting a rosy picture of the reality. Many of these fallacies are very far from the average person’s daily life. If you go on a quest for perfect or compare your daily lives to the perfect pictures everywhere, it’s hard to feel comparable. Once you learn to embrace the imperfect and find joy and something to be grateful for in your daily life, a real freedom is found. The perfect pictures on social media are no long anything but pretty pictures to look at. They are great for inspiration and eye candy and that is all they should be used for. The endless quest for perfection just leads to more frustration and less joy so if looking at the pictures makes you feel less than, it’s better not to look at them. Once you embrace your life and every imperfection about it, you can go on with a smile on your face no matter what is thrown at you. The everyday life is so much more than perfect. It’s life and a celebration of itself. Once you learn to celebrate you and realize that there is only one you, you won’t feel like comparing yourself any longer. Embrace you and let your gifts shine to the world. You are perfect just the way you are and your life is perfect just the way it is. Find joy in your every day life and celebrate your.
I started thinking about this subject after I created a pair of earrings with a little amethyst gemstones the other day. I had these stones tucked away because they weren’t perfect. They had imperfections in them so I didn’t want to use them in a design until I started to think that they were just perfect the way they were. These perfect little imperfect stones became the symbol of how imperfection should be celebrated not perfection. I wanted to write this post to remind you to not search for perfect or try to be perfect. Embrace imperfect and go about your day. Life is too short to worry about perfection. Let’s celebrate imperfect!
7 Ways To Help You Feel Great When You Are Feeling Less Than Stellar
- Go out for a walk and look around. Notice all the beautiful things outside and just take it all in.
- Have a cup of tea and read your favorite book or a magazine
- Avoid looking at social media first thing in the morning or last thing before going to bed, read something inspirational instead.
- Take a moment to exercise. Even 15 minutes can do wonders for the mind and body. Once you do it, you will feel so much better after even if you didn’t feel like exercising at first.
- Play with your children and see the magic through their eyes.
- Write in a daily gratitude journal. Write down things you are grateful for each day. Even if you don’t think there is anything, you can find something to write about. Come up with 2 or 3 things everyday day.
- Use essential oils: Apply a drop or two of any uplifting essential oils on the black lava beads on an essential oil diffuser bracelet or necklace. You can also use a few drops of essential oils in a diffuser to diffuse the air with a great scent. If you are sitting at your desk and need a quick pick me up, use a drop of essential oils on the palm of your hands and inhale.