A Necklace Length Chart – How to Choose The Right Necklace Length
Do you ever wonder what length to purchase on a necklace? Are you looking for a gift and not quite sure what length to choose. Here is a list of the most common necklace lengths with a visual of a handy chart so you can see the differences in the length. I hope this guide will help you determine the right necklace length for your next purchase. This guide is also helpful if you are considering getting a new style of jewelry that is different from what you are used to purchasing or wearing before. For example if all your necklaces are currently 18 inches but you are looking for shorter or longer necklaces, it’s helpful to know what length might work the best for the layered look you are going for.
- 15-16 inch – This is the shortest of the lengths and typically sits between your clavicle bones. This is my favorite length for necklaces because you can wear the necklace with pretty much anything and layer it with other pieces with ease. It’s good to remember your neck structure however and for some people this necklace might be uncomfortable short.
- 18 inch -18 inch is a classic length for a necklace and is just a little but shorter than the really short 15-16 inch necklaces. If your neck structure is thicker, the 18 inch necklace might be more comfortable. It’s also a good length for an everyday necklace.
- 20 inch – 20 inch necklace is a little longer than the 18 inch and is a great layering piece.
- 22 inch – not as commonly used length but is a great layering length, depending on what pieces you are wanting to layer it with and what area you are wanting to accent.
- 24 inch – 24 inch a common longer length necklace but might sill be too short on some people
- 26-28 inch This is one of my favorite long lengths because the length is not too short or too long.
- 30-32 inch this is a great length for a really long piece that will hang lower. This is a good length if you wish to accent the tummy area more. 32 inch and beyond can be wrapped around twice for a different look which is nice.